Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Just A Little...

Homesick.
I don't know why. Maybe I've just got the blues today. I miss the grocery store being five minutes away. I really miss the malls and shopping centers. All of our friends...

I just have to keep reminding myself of all the things I don't miss.... TRAFFIC, some of the neighbors, the HOA (Home Owners Association), no privacy. The list goes on.

Out here we can build a little fire and roast weenies and marshmallows if we want. We can shoot off fireworks on the holidays. None of that goes on in the burbs. I can walk out on the porch in my nightie to take the dog out, and no one will see or care! I love that one! Best yet....I've got two horses in my "sorta backyard." Horses would definitely get me a nasty letter from the HOA.

So, I guess there are some pluses to living in the country.

I'm glad I wrote this I feel better all ready.

2 comments:

Lilly said...

Hi Tia, it's kind of understandable I guess you would feel like that hey? I think if you went back, as you say, within a couple of days you would be wishing for peace and quiet again. It must get a little lonely. Are there many people around where you live and are they friendly? Hope you are feeling better today. I think we all have those kind of days, I guess the season changes make things a little maudlin too. To be honest I would stay in my PJs all day if that was the case. It wouldnt be a pretty site!!! Glad you are back blogging, missed you !

Crista said...

I totally understand where you are coming from! This is the second holiday without my family and even though I have my husband and 2 kids its still not the same. I'm going to be homesick til I leave for Texas next August...can't wait! Gotta get out of this 10 degree snowy weather! Hope all is well with you!