Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ear Mites Are a Pain

My hubby noticed that our Manx cat, Jake, was holding his left ear flat. He thought Jake might have had a stroke. I had to go give Jakester the mommy once-over, and I reached down to run my hand down his head. He cringed away from my hand, which told me he was in pain...tender to the touch, and he obviously wanted no part of being touched there. He was also shaking his head. No stroke going on here. Ear infection or ear mites.....better than a stroke, but still not a good thing.

Hubby took him to the vet this morning. (I'm sure that was a fun ride with Jake squalling all the way....been there, done that.) Sure enough....ear mites. Ugh....nasty! Imagine a bunch of bugs crawling around in your ear. I know I'd go insane! Poor Jake! We've got medicine now, though :) He'll be better in no time and back to terrorizing the vermin population! I'm sure they will have missed him...

1 comment:

Meg said...

I can relate somewhat as I had crabs when I was in my 20s. Don't know where I got them or how--but it was a pain.