Thursday, April 3, 2008

Finding Myself

Cliche I know, but that's what I'm trying to do. Somewhere in between changing diapers and getting the kids off to school....I lost ME.

In the very beginning of my blog, I said I didn't have any writing ability. It's true... for this moment in my life. It hasn't always been so.

Once I was creative. I started writing at a very young age. Poetry, short stories, diaries...it didn't matter. I loved it.

I was also born with a pencil in my hand. I drew.... A LOT!

I sit down now to create, and it's as though I have nothing to pull from. Is it always going to be this way? Have I lost every creative thought in my head, or am I just out of practice?

I'm hoping it's lack of practice that is the answer. The more I write, the more I paint...
It will just become more and more ME...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. So many wives and Mothers get lost somewhere in between.
I think you do a wonderful job with your photos, stories, and writing now. just keep it up.
We(women) were always in there. Believe it or not, pieces of us show through our children and down through our Grandchildren. Just like our Mothers and Grandmothers are showing through us.

TroubleX2 said...

Thank you :) I needed to hear that. I guess I should consider them my work in progress.

Sweet Pea 48 said...

I enjoy your writing and definitely keep up the painting. I did it off and on for several years. It's only in later years that I decided to try selling the art. The kids are much older now and can do most things themselves so now I have time.

Texasholly said...

Keep on writing it down even if it doesn't make sense. It will some day.

Found you on CafeMom. G

Lilly said...

You write very well so please do not doubt yourself. We all have those fears I think. The more you do the more it will come back to you. The beauty of blogs is that it is about your views on anything even if that is changing the diapers. It reflects who you are. Writing to me is one of the most powerful healers we can avail ourselves of. Keep going and you will see you again, and all the qualities that make you the special and creative person you are. Draw and apint and post them here. It's your space just for you. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

Have you found yourself yet? Just kidding- but seriously, I know how you feel!! I'm looking for myself too!

kiwimeg said...

I can so identify with this post. Sometimes it seems like the only creative thing I've done in months is fold a nappy!!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

It's very hard to keep yourself in check when you have so many other responsabilities that (in our minds) come first.

I haven't had the chance to read a lot of your blog so unfortunately I can't give you any encouraging thoughts and hugs. However, having said that, I'm sure you do a beautiful job as a wife, as a mother, and more importantly as a woman.

You now know where to find me, since you found me first :P and I'm always up for a good chat.