Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Rose for Lilly

This rose is a thank you for Lilly. You can visit her here.... Lilly's Life ! I know it's not a Lilly, but I'll work on that later this week. Enjoy...



This is a picture of one of my favorite types of rose, the Knock Out Double Rose in Red. Beautiful, intense color and no fuss. Disease resistant and hardy. They bloom abundantly from early spring to late fall. How can you beat that? I absolutely love them, and I'm going to add more to my landscape.

This is the 2nd season for this rose, and I think it's a winner. The plant has all ready grown about 2' by 2' and shows no signs of slowing down. It's covered in blooms all ready, and the color is stunning. Last year I had no problems with the rose what so ever. I never had much luck with roses until I found these. They are so tolerant of the Texas heat and humidity. Finally a show-stopping rose for our state!

3 comments:

Crista said...

I am hoping to move to Ft. Hood when we leave here...unfortunately we are here til the end of 2009(not soon enough!). I am sure its hot and humid there now though! I miss the beauty of Texas thats for sure.

lareine said...

that's beautiful! and yep, i think i would love to have this kind of rose in my garden, too... just imagine, roses for almost half of the year!!! plus, they don't need that much care... you're right, it's a winner:)

Petula said...

Beautiful... I love flowers!

I'm doing pretty good. What about you? My oldest is planning a trip to TX to visit her dad and family so she'll get to experience your hot! :) Maybe she can come over and get in the pool.