Monday, February 18, 2008

Shortcakes, Kitties, CoUghS and SnEeZes


Another day at the zoo. The dang dog is at the door again whining to be let in. Everyone else around here acts like they don't hear him, and I know that they do. Big sigh...

Took Baby Girl to the doctor today. She's been down with the crud since Thursday. 103 degree fever and NOW she wants to spend time with me. I'll take what I can get though, even if it includes coughs and sneezes. A little cough isn't going to scare me away from spending time with my kid. She just turned fourteen and spending time with me just isn't at the top of her list anymore.

No one is hungry around here this evening, so I'm actually not cooking dinner. Yay! I made strawberry shortcakes for everyone but Baby Girl. She opted for icecream because her appetite is weird.

Baby Girl is sitting here watching Country Fried Home Videos which has to be one of the stupidest shows I've ever seen. Do people really enjoy that crap? I guess that they must since it's still on. I enjoy a lot of what I call "Redneck TV", but I'm afraid I have to draw the line on this one.

Bear, our cocker spaniel, is giving my hubby the big ole brown-eyed begging treatment.

"Oh please, dad....just one bite. Come on! Just drop something would ya?"

There's the nightly clinkity clink of the spoon in the chocolate milk glass. Every night without fail. Isn't it funny how some things start to annoy the heck out of you as the years pass?

awefmkopp[;']


The zoo attack again. Ha ha! Ellie just walked across my keyboard. She's our resident feline. We rescued her last year out of a brush pile. She was actually buried in it. We could hear the kitty, but we just couldn't find her. Baby Girl wouldn't give up, so she just kept pulling and digging. I'll never forget the look on her face when Ellie's little face popped up out of the dirt. With tears in her eyes, she took that baby back to the house. We've had Ellie ever since. Yep... that's her in the picture :)



No comments: