Friday, February 29, 2008

Today in Texas

It was a gorgeous day in Texas. I think I made the most of it. I decided I would take a few photos today, so me, my dogs, and my Sony camera headed for the back pasture. My horses come running to say hello. This is Rowdy. He was my father-in-law's partner in the roping arena. As a reward for all his hard work, he gets to hang out with us now. He's not alone anymore either, because he has a pasture buddy named JJ.


This is our JJ. He is so much happier now that Rowdy lives here. What a pair! We love 'em!

This other shot is of Harley and JJ. I don't think she was real appreciative of the horses getting so close to her. Space Invaders! Both of the boys did the same thing to her. At this point, I think Harley had gotten her fill. Look at that face. She did snap at them, but I swear they both laughed at her.





The last picture that I'm posting tonight. I took a lot more, but I think I'll save those.
Think I can convince Harley to go back in the pasture with me again? Ha ha!

4 comments:

AmberDawn said...

Your horses are beautiful.
Are you a photographer?

Sweet Pea 48 said...

Love your horses. Had to put my horse down a couple of years ago because of illness. Your horses are beautiful!

Sweet Pea 48 said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Would you like to exchange links?

Michelle Gartner said...

Absolutely beautiful- my grandfather used to have horses. That was a long time ago though...