Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break Part I

My sis and I made plans for a visit to Dallas. The Dallas World Aquarium and a night at our fave hotel in Richardson. Our hotel was booked up, so we found another one in Rockwall. I should have known that was a bad omen, but I don't give up easily.

Monday!!!!
Lazy family....we were late getting up and my sister who is ALWAYS late was, for once, on time. Dag nab it! I really thought I could count on her. I was wrong.

After much running around, packing, forgetting what I forgot and all of that...we were finally on the road. wheeeeeeeeeeee! I thought I was escaping the country. I was wrong.

I had to drop my son off at a friend's house. It's not "cool" for him to spend spring break with his mom. I took the back road short cut from the country through the semi-country. I saw this car stopped in the middle of the road. Why? Goat in the road. I thought that only happened around our neck of the woods. The goat finally got out of their way and into mine. She just stood there and looked at us like we were the idiot. It was almost as if she were asking, "What in the heck are you doing on MY road?" I started honking at her. No effect at all, so I have to get over on the shoulder. As I passed her, she turned around and said "beeehhhhh." I think she called me the "b"word.....seriously. I think if that goat had a middle finger, she would have used it then. I got past her and then it was my sister's turn. I was just about to take a picture, and the silly goat got out of her way. My sis was giving the goat the finger. Classic sis!

No comments: